Sunday, August 31, 2008

My "get your ducks in a row" week is almost done

I cannot believe what I accomplished this week. Seemingly small tasks that never seem to get done. So bizarre that I am marveling at these small tasks. But when I am in the thick of my obligations and family life, I cannot even think straight sometimes. Last Friday I was a ball of nerves. Almost 10 days into my vacation, I am well-rested, laughing again, and just enjoying my family. We pretty much stuck together the entire week, not even a date night. I see a difference in the kids and Jason as well. I figured it out - we haven't had a week off together at home since April 07. That is nuts! Way too long for us.

This morning I actually woke up at 6am and was completely awake. I went for a bike ride after breakfast at 8. Did strength training right after. Got showered and dressed and actually hauled my butt into church - first time in literally months. Washed the cars by hand with Jason and the kids. Filled the gas tank. Potted a giant, bursting, beautiful, purple mum for my porch. I will actually finish the binding on my quilt tonight. The one I started a year ago.

This week was all about the simple things, (in addition to our fun outings) - we went grocery shopping, played with the kids, cooked delicious homemade meals and ate them as a foursome...the list goes on. I loved it. We all needed it. Imagine the productivity I could have if I had a week off like this every three months. I hope the peace I was able to achieve stays as the summer slips away...we'll have to see - it's back to the grind on Tuesday.

No comments: