Monday, August 11, 2008

American Idol hits Worcester

So Saturday afternoon I met Mer in Worcester to shop at the Solomon Pond Mall, have dinner and then onto the American Idol concert at the DCU. We had a blast! I got there at around 3pm, and marched right over to the Coach store - such a treat, being an inlander, I can only drool over their website. (I never make it to Lee outlets very much either!) Mer had sworn she wouldn't buy anything, but then toward the end of our 1 hour visit to the store, we found the new skinny mini's. Mer unzipped a berry striped one and I gasped - it had the Legacy lining inside! Must have been new this season, I've never seen that. Mer snagged the skinny mini (I am still thinking about ordering one):

and a little wristlet which I love. :

Afterwards, we headed to the Land's End section of Sears. For those who do not know, probably 75% of Mer and my conversations are about Land's End. :) I found 2 cardigans for $24, and a berry vest:
(Stupid Land's End won't let me copy the pic from the front.) I got the vest because berry is all the rage this Fall. Every girl needs something berry. After Sears we went to Banana Republic. I do not like Banana Republic usually. They are way too expensive and trendy. Except on Saturday. Mer had to run an errand and asked me to meet her there. I went in the store, thinking I was just going to kill some time when I heard a noise. It was a purple dress screaming to me. I never hear clothes scream to me, so I immediately perked up and walked toward the dress. It was in my favorite style and fabric. The color was working. Also, it was on display with a beautiful scarf - cannot get enough of those lately. I grabbed it and went to the fitting room and slipped it on. I loved it!! Didn't love the price, but it is perfect for Stephie's shower. And I can wear it to work all winter and early Spring:
By the time Mer met me, I had already decided to buy it. And to all the little sisters out there in the world, you will know what I mean when I say - I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it first! It doesn't happen often with Mer, so I relished each moment. :)

So anywho.....we had to wolf down a sandwich, because we used up all our dining time and had to dash to the concert. We had GREAT seats, 4th row. We guessed we were 30ft from the idols. They did the show differently than the 2nd season, having each person do 3 songs each in order from 10 to 1. Except I think the David's did more songs than the rest of the group. People were blatantly taking pictures, with digital cameras and phones..I was shocked, pretty sure you're not supposed to do that? I would've brought my camera had I known!! I tried to take some pics with my phone but you can barely tell who is in them. They look like white lights. Like if you saw a ghost and tried to take its picture. But I disgress..

Here are my observations:
  • they have gotten so good at performing! At the end of the tour, you could really tell. They seemed so confident and happy and appreciative to be there.
  • they all looked sooo much thinner. Kristy Lee Cook is gorgegous up close. And Syesha has great legs, never noticed her calves before. I want calves like that. :) But I still think she is sooo annoying. Not surprised she sang Beyonce and Alicia Keys.
  • I love love loved Carly. She sang Heart's "Crazy on you" like she's been doing it for years. She opened her set with Evanescence's "Call me when you're sober" (I think it was that one) - love that song and it was so perfect for her.
  • All the idols did songs very well suited to them, made me wish they had help the whole time.
  • My ears are still ringing from when David A came out. The boy draws a crowd!!! He is so adorable and still in awe of his fans' reaction to him.
We had a really good time and completely laughed at ourselves, no one wanted to go with us - but we are big season 7 fans. Can't wait for next year - thanks for arranging the awesome seats Mer!!

No comments: