Thursday, August 28, 2008

How I Spent My Summer Vacation Money - Part 1

So about 3 years ago I backed into my garage door. Truth be told, it was already split a little on the bottom panel, so it didn't take much to break it all the way. (And I seriously did just tap it, so don't believe Jason's side of the story.) Regardless, that hit made it unsafe to use. For 3 years I have been parking outside. Not really a problem when you are home all day. Well, since I have been back to work full time for a year and dealing with the snow, etc. It has been a real drag. Also, birds poop like mad on my car. And a branch fell on it during the night a month or so ago. The only advantage was to use the extra space in the garage for more junk. Ok, maybe that's not an advantage. We got estimates to have it fixed, but couldn't justify putting it at the top of the priority list just yet. Our house pretty much needed (and still does) everything replaced, and the driveway was definitely next, not the stupid door.

Anyway..cut to two weeks ago when Jason pushed the garage door button on the broken door by accident. It opened halfway and he couldn't get the thing to close and it split vertically this time. In his hands. So he's standing there with these solid wood doors, yelling, "Emily!! Emily!! HELP!!" We got the door down, and I immediately jumped in the car to order two new doors. Thank you Home Depot for your nice, cheap garage doors!

Here is the before:

And here is the after:


No comments: