The fireworks were scheduled for the 3rd of July down at the Park. So since the 4th falls on a Saturday this year, we got Friday off. I loved that!!! I was only back a week at work and only had to get through a 4 day week - woo hoo! We asked the Hannas and the Odells to join us again for a BBQ at our house. Since we all work at least part time, and the kids are all older, playgroup gatherings are pretty rare these days. So we were all very excited to see everyone for the whole afternoon and night.
Everyone arrived around 4. I was all about the yummy food and hanging out with old friends. Deb and Bec brought tons of glow sticks - which of course were a huge hit. The kids had a great time, just running around and just being goofy. The weather was perfect all day, the only sprinkle of rain we got was while we were in the field and it only lasted about 10 minutes. The best part was Miles staying for the whole show for the first time - not scared at all. We got him ear plugs and he had a blast (pun intended!!)

Our crew.

Miles was so funny. I only let the kids have soda if we are at the movie theater. So when we let him have one at the picnic, he was beside himself. "I have
SODA!" Look at him slurping it down!!

Our chef.

Glow kiddos.




I think this pic is so sweet. :)

All the good pics are courtesy of Bec - thank you!! My camera is...not so good!!
No comments:
Post a Comment