We started out early, 6am, and started back home. The trip was uneventful, and thanks to the GPS, it was traffic-jam free all the way back up north. We got home by 5!
I must say, long-distance driving kid-free is a walk in the park. I got home, went for a run, watered all my plants, unpacked the car, and felt totally fine. I could totally see Jason and me driving across the country together - something to look forward to! I love my children immensely, but 12 hours in the car with them is akin to being hit with a trailer in the face. However, it must be noted: Part of that feeling is due to me turning into a crazy lady - pretty sure they don't like 'long-distance traveling mommy' either!!
Nevertheless, we're already planning our next kid-free trip for 2010 - cruise to Bermuda!!!
2 comments:
Love the trip recap! Looks like you guys had a great time. Does it feel like forever ago already?
Yeah..funny how that happens!
Post a Comment