Saturday, January 24, 2009

My pants will be tucked into my socks, while I stand on a chair

In our 1969 kitchen, the stove is in the corner. A horrible spot for it, but nonetheless, that is the location. Today I noticed the cat was sitting right near the tiny opening where the stove meets the cabinets on the floor. Toys get stuck in there all the time, but the cat usually doesn't sit watching the hole. This morning I voiced my concern to Addie that he might be waiting for a critter to come out. A mouse. My biggest fear. 

In the past, I've teased that the day I see a mouse run through my kitchen is the day a For Sale sign gets put up on the lawn. Bad housing market or not. So anyway, Addie and I casually watched the cat watching the opening on and off for several minutes as we ate breakfast. I sort of got a handle on it and convinced myself it was probably another bouncy ball and the cat just really wants it. Yeah, a bouncy ball. Makes total sense. I turned back to my bagel and coffee. 

Soon after, Addie decided to go get dressed. She paused on the stairs and said, "I hope the mouse isn't pregnant." 

Gulp. 

1 comment:

Deb Hanna said...

that Addie cracks me up! do you know what mouse poop looks like? that is how I usually spot them.