In the car, on the way home from gymnastics tonight, here is my conversation with Miles:
Me: So which instrument do you want to play when you get older?
Miles: Why do I have to play an instrument?
Me: Because I want you to learn. Like how I want you to learn to be a good swimmer.
Miles: I don't want to play an instrument.
Me: Well, it's my rule, and I want you to learn. So which one?
Miles: Electric guitar.
Me: Wow! Okay, that sounds gr---
Miles: So I can attract girls.
Me: *choking* Wha?
Miles: I need to get my girlfriend back. She doesn't want to be my girlfriend anymore.
Me: You have a girlfriend?? [much stammering happening here] Er, anyway, how do you know she doesn't want to be your girlfriend?
Miles: Well, she wrote "over" on my paper. But she spelled it wrong. She spelled O-V-R. But I know what she meant.
Me: Uh huh...well, I think you are a little young for a girlfriend.
Miles: No I'm not! I'm SEVEN. Anyway, everyone has a girlfriend. I want someone in my life.
Me: Uh...you have plenty of people in your life, you don't need a girlfriend.
Miles: Yes I do. I am going to play the guitar and get her back. She's with Kevin now, but I'll get her back.
I. Am. Speechless.
No comments:
Post a Comment